Headline-grabbing bombings in India’s business capital are sadly commonplace. Yet this week’s attack was something different: It was aimed at key tourist hotels and restaurants. It greatly raised the stakes for Asia’s third-biggest economy.
While China, Japan and the rest of Asia are grappling with the fallout from a global credit meltdown, India now has a second crisis on its hands: domestic terrorism.
Having your people blown up randomly is tragic enough. Dealing with attacks aimed at thwarting the very prosperity a government is trying to create to soothe social tensions is quite another. Just as the Bali bombers in 2002 did huge damage to Indonesia’s economy -- costs that continue to be counted -- India’s militants are aiming higher, so to speak.
To read more, please, visit - Bloomberg.com: Opinion
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups