Thursday, December 18, 2008

At present it is difficult to speculate about the trajectory of global downturn and its consequent fallout for the Indian economy - RBI

RBI Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India 2007-08

Indian banks do not have financial exposure to the U.S. sub-prime assets

The adverse global developments have led to moderation of growth in the industrial and services sectors in the first-half of 2008-09. In recent weeks, “the impact on liquidity and credit has also been felt.”

“The global financial situation described the worst since the Great Depression, continues to be uncertain and unsettled. At present it is difficult to speculate about the trajectory of global downturn and its consequent fallout for the Indian economy,” the RBI cautioned. The financial sector in India is sound and healthy, the RBI stated adding, Indian banks do not have financial exposure to the U.S. sub-prime assets.
To read more, please, visit - The Hindu : Emphasis on financial stability

Related Story:

The dangerous inter-dependence between real estate cycles, bank crisis and the ultimate threat to financial stability

Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:

1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog

2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog

3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog

4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog

5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)

6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!

Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Alena

    www.smallbusinessavenues.com

    ReplyDelete